FMCP-ADC3P0 comes as an AC coupled differential (or single ended as a build option) input module, without input balun. It provides 4 channels of ADC 1t 3GS/s each at 14bits for interface JESD204B IP core. Full power bandwidth of this module is 5GHz. Trigger, and external clock input connectors are available on the module. The trigger input allows user to add a time stamp to sample stream from ADC.
On this module the ADC input are directly connected to the input differential signal and the maximum input swing is 1.7V and 2.7V for the differential and single ended respectively.
Board clocking structure,based on HMC7044, provides possibility of deterministic latency and subclass 1 synchronization between multiple ADCs.
The board uses 2 ADCs. This device is JESD204B complaint. They can work at various sample rates, also there is a possibility to enable decimation for the ADC.
Board provide internal VCXO and TCXO clocks. In this case clocks from HMC7044 go to ADC. This IC also provides SYSREF clock with known and adjustable delay. According to JESD204B this also provides REF CLK and SYSREF CLK to FPGA, to achieve requirement of subclass 1 JESD204B.
The FPGA REF CLK can be used to clock Rx path. Inside the FPGA transceivers there are two PLLs. One QPLL – common for four transceivers(called quad), and CPLL – one for each transceiver.
- FMC+, Vita 57.4 compliant, form factor, HPC
- Conduction cooled
- 4 channels of ADC at 3GS/as 14 bits, using 2 AD9208 ICs
- flexible clocking
- trigger and external clock inputs
- supported by JESD204C class 1 supported by using HMC7044 clock IC
ADC parameters from ADI datasheet:
- 14-Bit Resolution, Dual-Chanel, 3000MSPS ADC;
- -3 dB bandwidth – 9GHz;
- Full power bandwidth – 5GHz;
- INL: ±6 LSB (Ta = 25);
- DNL: ±0.4 LSB (Ta = 25);
- NF: 24.5 dB;
- Spectral Performance (fIN = 255 MHz at –2 dBFS):
- SNR: 60.2 dBFS
- NSD: –152 dBFS/Hz
- SFDR: 71 dBFS
- ENOB: 9.6 Bits
- Spectral Performance (fIN = 3950 MHz at –2 dBFS):
- SNR: 55.1 dBFS
- SFDR: 58 dBFS
- ENOB: 8.5 Bits
- Input Full-Scale differential: from 1.13 to 2.04 VPP(software selectable). 1.7V default.
- Input type: Differential (single ended – option), AC coupled
- Input impedance : 200 Ohm(differential)
- Maximum input voltage range for AC coupled input: 2 Vpp (differential).
Trigger input :
- Input type: DC – coupled, single ended, 3.3V logic, ESD protected;
- Input impedance : >100 kOhm;
- Frequency range: DC – 10 MHz;
- Maximum input voltage – 6V;
- Logic “0” voltage <0.8V;
- Triggering voltage >2V.
Estimated total Board Power Dissipation: 20W max.
- Defense and Aerospace
- Diversity multiband, multimode digital receivers
- 3G/4G, TD-SCDMA, W-CDMA, GSM, LTE, LTE-A
- Electronic test and measurement systems
- Phased array radar and electronic warfare
- DOCSIS 3.0 CMTS upstream receive paths
- HFC digital reverse path receivers
|component side for single ended input||solder side for single ended input||component side for differential input||solder side for differntialinput|
Where xx=SE means the input are Single Ended and blank means differential input.