The DSP318-SX55 is a dual Virtex-4 FPGA hardware module in FF1148 package. It provides a flexible platform for systems that require large data throughput. With six SHB, which can be either used as LVTTL or LVDS, it offers an overall bandwidth of 6.4Gbytes/s and many different data paths.
The Virtex-4 SX family offers the highest density of XtremeDSP cores available in an FPGA. Combined, the two SX55 devices provide 1024 XtremeDSP cores. At a peak clock rate of 500MHz, the DSP318-SX55 delivers a staggering 512 billion multiply/accumulates per second.
The flexibility and performances of this module provide a wide range of development options for designers to explore the capabilities of the comprehensive Sundance TIM modules family
- SHB to/from LVDS interface- Protocol converter (SHB to/from other data transfer standards)
- Multi-broadcast: one data flow duplicated and sent to several receivers
- Data flow splitter Split the high bandwidth data flow and distribute it over several receivers/processing units at a lower bandwidth. Especially useful in Sundance systems when one DSP board cannot process real time all the information from some digitized data channels
- Pre-processing arithmetic operations: filtering, windowing, bandwidth reduction
- Two Virtex-4 FPGA’s in FF1148 package
- Six SHB giving an overall bandwidth of 2.4Gbytes/s
- Four ComPort for receiving settings and control commands (20Mbytes/s each)
- On-board Flash for stand alone configuration
- 100% resources available for user application
- Full support for Chipscope via JTAG connection
- 12 months warranty
- Weight approx: 49g