PCIe104Z is based on the Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC family. This hardware is in PCIe104 form factor and adheres to its latest specification. It offers 4 Gen 2.0, x1 lane PCIe interfaces through a switch which allows 4 PCIe104 cards to be connected to the ARM on the Zynq which acts as the host. The board also offers 2 Gen 4.0, x4 lane PCIe connected to the PL parts which can act both as host and end points. The additional interfaces offered by this card can be seen under the Features tab.
Depending on the choice of Zynq MPSoC (XCZU7EV / XCZU7EG/ XCZU11EG / XCZU7CG in FFVC1156E package) it can be used for High Performance Computing (HPC), digital communication or image processing, including AR/VR applications. Sundance DSP supplies several frame grabber modules ranging from MIPI to Cameralink which can create a suitable platform for AR/VR solutions. The selection of MPSoC used on this board and their available resources are shown below.
The platform can take standard FMC-based module for development. For applications needing additional real estate for the FMC auxiliary modules then one can develop a PCIe104 size card which can connect to the FMC connector on the main board. This will provide a way to resolve the heat and space issues. This makes the hardware particularly suitable for high-end embedded applications with custom FMCs, offering more space and front panel area, which Sundance DSP can help design.
Summary of devices and available resources:
- Can use extra large FMC modules for custom applications
- Zynq Ultrascale+ MPSoC in C1156 package (XCZU7EV-2FFVC1156E / XCZU7EG/ XCZU11EG / XCZU7CG)
- Up to 4GB of DDR4 to PL
- Flash memory for user application bitstream
- Micro SD card for running OS and embedded applications (attached to PS part).
- System monitoring
- Two x4 lane PCIe Gen4 to PL
- FMC expansion site with 10 GTH at 16.3Gb/s transceivers and 80 LVDS IO pairs
- Video Codec Unit H.265/H.264 with XCZU7EV
- GTH, GTY, 100EMAC and Interlaken, when fitted with XCZU11EG
- for the ARM processors within the Zync following interfaces are available:
- Display port
- 2x USB 2.0 connected to PCIe104 connector
- Up to 8 GB of SDRAM via DDR4 ICs
- 1 xUSB 3.0
- 1 x SATA
- 1 x RJ45
- USB UART
- Medical Imaging
- Machine Vision
- Stereo vision
- Artificial Reality /Augmented Reality
- Instrumentation and testing
- Software Defined Radio
- Data capture and logging
- PCIe104ZU-7CG-2-E – Dual A53 Core, Speed grade-2 & Extended Temp
- PCIe104Z-ZU7EG-2-E – Quad A53 Core, Speed grade-2 & Extended Temp
- PCIe104Z-ZU7EV-2-E – Quad A53 Core, Speed grade-2 & Extended Temp + H.265 CODEC
- PCIe104Z-ZU11EG-2-E – Quad A53 Core, Speed grade-2 & Extended Temp
All above can also be ordered in -I industrial grade which has a temp of -40 to 100deg C for the Zynq device.