SoM1-MPF500T is a System on Module using the powerful, low power and high security PolarFire FPGA from Microsemi. It is based on the MPF500T-1FCG1152E (or MPF300T-1FCG1152E) FPGA with a small footprint, low power, high security, ample processing resources and many hard core IPs like JESD204B, RISC V etc. With its relatively low cost it can be suitable for application where cost and low-power and security are important. The module is compatible with some SoMs from Trenz
Simplify your complex design and reduce time-to-market of your products by dropping in an SOM module as a component in the design. SOM1 and SOM2 can be used on Sundance DSP’s SE200 PCIe carrier card.
PolarFire FPGAs offer design security with transceivers, low power transceiver devices, data security with transceivers, and low power data security with transceiver devices. All PolarFire FPGAs are integrated with multi-protocol industry-leading low-power transceivers. Low power (L) devices provide up to 35% lower static power. Also, data security (S) devices have an integrated DPA safe crypto accelerator. PolarFire Devices are currently offered in Extended Commercial (0ºC to 100ºC) and Industrial (–40ºC to 100ºC) device offerings.
The Libero SoC PolarFire Design Suitedelivers a number of many soft IP cores, including a RISC-V processor, Data Security, Ethernet, DES encryption, error detection and correction, and more. This helps kick start many development projects and reduces time to market.
This SOM1 and SOM2 have a small footprint of 76 x 52 mm.
SOM1 is by default populated with MPF500T-FCVG1152 device but can be optionally built with MPF300T in the same package for reducing cost. With any of the options the module provides many IOs and 24 (or 16) high speed transceivers. Below is the table showing resource and family details of PolarFire range.
- 481K Logic elements PolarFire FPGA in the FCG1152 package – MPF500-1FCG1152 (or MPF300T in the same package);
- 2 chips MT40A1G16 from Micron(stacked 2 x8 8Gb chips) – total 32Gbits (4GB) of DDR4-1600 (effective data lanes’ speed of DDR4 interface reduced to 1600Mb/s – clock rate maximum 800MHz)
- 512Mbit SPI Flash for bitstream and other code storage, by default, flash will not be populated;
- Flexible clocking IC – SI5338A-B-GM with 50MHz ±20ppm reference oscillator;
- Built in FPGA internal oscillator for configuration and other purposes;
- B2B Connectors: 4 x 160 Pins from Samtec – ST5-80-1.50-L-D-P-TR;
- I/O’s – from Banks; MAX LVDS I/O speed is 1600Mbps
- High speed transceivers; maximum speed is 12.7Gbps
- Input power supply for module;
- Separate pins for VCCIO supply;
- Flexible clocking scheme.
- Small footprint of 76 x 52 mm.
- Temperature range 0°C to +100°C for Extended temprature and -40 to +100 for Industrial;
- Power IN from 3.3V to 5.5V.
- Max FPGA power consumption is below 14 Watts
- Temperature range 0°C to +65°C;
- Machine automation
|Component side||Solder side|
A Libero project and host side application is provided so the combination of SOM1 + SE200 carrier be tested. The package allows the PCIe interface with a host system be tested in both directions and also the DDR4 be fully verfified.
SoM1-MPF300T-1-E -1 speed grade with an MPF300T-1FCG1152E FPGA and with 4GB of DDR4 memory
SoM1-MFP500T-1-E -1 speed grade with an MPF500T-1FCG1152E FPGA and with 4GB of DDR4 memory
Both versions included the FPGA in -1FCG1152E package. For Industrial grade part please order”