PCIe104Z+ is based on the Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC family. This hardware is in PCIe104 form factor and adheres to its latest specification. It offers 4 Gen 2.0, x1 lane PCIe lanes through a switch connected to PS side of Zynq. This allows 4 external PCIe104 cards to be connected to the ARM on the Zynq, which acts as the the host. The board also offers 1x Gen 4.0, x2 lane PCIe interfaces through bank2 and 3 of PCIe104 connector. These come from the PL side of the Zynq and can act both as host and endpoints. The additional interfaces offered by this card can be seen under the Features tab.
Depending on the choice of Zynq MPSoC (XCZU7EV / XCZU7EG/ XCZU11EG / XCZU7CG in FFVC1156E ) it can be used for High-Performance Computing (HPC), digital communication, or image processing, including AR/VR applications. Sundance DSP supplies several frame grabber modules ranging from MIPI to Camera-link which can create a suitable platform for AR/VR solutions. The selection of MPSoC used on this board and their available resources are shown below.
The platform includes an FMC+ connector and meets FMC+ standard in full. For applications needing additional real estate for their custom FMC+ module then an auxiliary modules connecting through the FMC+ interface can be developed. This will provide a way to resolve the heat and space issues and makes the hardware particularly suitable for high-end embedded applications with custom FMC+.
An inter-poser card is available for PCIe104Z+ which offers x2 SFP+ and a site to add an FMC+ module.
Summary of devices and available resources:
- Includes full FMC+ interface
- Zynq Ultrascale+ MPSoC in C1156 package (XCZU7EV-2FFVC1156E / XCZU7EG/ XCZU11EG / XCZU7CG)
- Up to 4GB of DDR4 to PL
- Flash memory for user application bitstream
- eMMC for running OS and embedded applications (attached to PS part).
- System monitoring
- One x2 lane PCIe Gen4 to PL
- FMC+ expansion site with 18 GTH at 16.3Gb/s transceivers and 80 LVDS IO pairs
- Video Codec Unit H.265/H.264 with XCZU7EV
- GTH, GTY, 100EMAC, and Interlaken, when fitted with XCZU11EG
- Can use extra-large custom FMC+ modules for user applications
- for the ARM processors within the Zync following interfaces are available:
- Display port
- 2x USB 2.0 connected to PCIe104 connector
- Up to 8 GB of SDRAM via DDR4 ICs
- 1x USB 3.0 (USB 2.0 compatible) via cable. Both device and host mode are supported.
- 1 x SATA
- 1 x RJ45
- USB UART
- Medical Imaging
- Machine Vision
- Stereo vision
- Artificial Reality /Augmented Reality
- Instrumentation and testing
- Software Defined Radio
- Data capture and logging
PCIe104Z+ block diagram
- PCIe104ZU-7CG-2-E – Dual A53 Core, Speed grade-2 & Extended Temp
- PCIe104Z-ZU7EG-2-E – Quad A53 Core, Speed grade-2 & Extended Temp
- PCIe104Z-ZU7EV-2-E – Quad A53 Core, Speed grade-2 & Extended Temp + H.265 CODEC
- PCIe104Z-ZU11EG-2-E – Quad A53 Core, Speed grade-2 & Extended Temp
All above can also be ordered in -I industrial grade which has a temp of -40 to 100deg C for the Zynq device.