Solar Express 200 (SE200) is an x8 Gen3 PCIe carrier board with two SoM-PF m(System on Module) sites. The 2 SoMs that can be supported on this carrier are SoM-PF1 and PF2 which are based on MPF500-1FCG1152 and MPF300T-1FCG784E respectively. Site 1 is typically designed for SoM-PF1 but if SoM-PF2 is plugged into that position then only PCIe, Firefly, SFP+, and 4 lanes of high-speed serial links for the FMC interface will be available. The board is designed for development purposes and plugs into a PC’s PCIe slot and is powered by a PCIe interface. An FMC slot, SFP+ module, x2 Samtec FireFly, USB, and other peripherals are available on the carrier card.
SoM-PF modules designed for this carrier can also be used on Trenz carriers like TEBT0808-01, but with reduced functionality.
- 8 lanes of Gen3 PCIe to host PC
- PM8531B-F3EI, 4 port PCIe Gen3 switch from Microsemi
- Two SoM-PF modules sites for modules with MPF500(SoM-PF1) and MPF300 FPGA (SoM-PF2)
- FMC HPC Vita 57.1 connector for functional extension;
- SATA Gen 3 HOST interface with connector;
- SFP+ connector for 10Gb/1Gb optical modules;
- RJ45 connector for 100/1000Mbit Ethernet connection;
- USB 2.0 Host port for various peripheral connections;
- USB 2.0 Device for onboard JTAG and UART debug purposes – connector micro USB
- 2 FireFly connectors for high-speed communications;
- On-board power for FMC and SoM-PF modules, No need for External power;
- Temperature range 0°C to +65°C;
- The approximate power consumption of a board is TBD
- Machine automation
|component side||solder side||placement diagram||with SOM1, SOM2 and FMC||Frontal view with attached FMC|
3D models of SE200
A complete BSP including PCI driver and API will be provided for Windows10 and Linux.
SE200 PCIe card with 2 SoM sites with FireFly, USB, FMC and SATA interfaces.
SE200-2SoM500 As above with 2 S0M-MPF500T-1 modules