FG600-MIPI is an FPGA-based imaging solution using the FMC-MIPI module. The hardware is in PXIe form factor. This solution captures images or video from MIPI CSI2 camera /image sensor via the FMC-MIPI module and displays it on the host screen, as well as being able to file the incoming frames for later inspection. FG600-MIPI comprises a PXIe700 carrier card with an attached FMC-MIPI and a MIPI camera adapter card. The hardware needs to be connected to a suitable host via PCIe interface and the host must run Windows 10 OS for the operation of Sundance DSP’s host side driver and application.
The PXIe700 carrier card offers 4 lanes of Gen2 PCIe for host communication. The FMC-MIPI board has a Lattice MachXO3L FPGA for converting MIPI CSI2 image data to parallel image data with frame valid, line valid, and pixel clock. For interfacing the image sensors, an adapter card is used. Two image sensors can be connected to the adapter card.
The HPC FMC-MIPI module comes with two Lattice MachXO3L FPGA and includes2 MIPI CSI2 input interfaces with 2 lanes converted to two 10-bit parallel interfaces. The IP core for converting the MIPI incoming serial data to parallel data is included and pre-loaded to the FMC-MIP FLASH memory.
FG600-MIPI carrier card (PXIe700) comes with a Kintex7 XC7K410T in FFG900 package and includes:
- PXI control, trigger, and clock
- 4 Lane PCIe Gen2 (Gen3 with softcore)
- SFP+ cage for 10Gb Ethernet or Fiber Optics
- White Rabbit support for nanosecond synchronization
- 2 banks of DDR3 memory, 1GB each, 32-bit wide, and 128MB of FLASH
The package comprises a PXIe700 carrier card, FMC-MIPI daughtercard, MIPI-IMX169-C adapter card, an IMX169 image sensor, Samtec cable HLCD⁃30⁃03.00⁃BH⁃TH⁃2, and MIPI-to-parallel IP cores, PCIe driver, demo application, and a full user guide.
- 0.9 Gbit/sec MIPI CSI2 Interface, 2 lanes
- 7.48 Gbit/sec FMC Interface
- Real-time data transfers to FMC Carrier
- PXIe format with an embedded option
- Supplied in Commercial or Industrial grade
- ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance System)
- Machine Vision
- Industrial Automation
- Process Control
- Aerospace & Defense
- Intelligence and Security
The package includes:
- User guide of PXIe700, FMC-MIPI
- FMC-MIPI module
- PXIe700 FPGA carrier card
- MIPI-IMX169-C adapter card (or later versions supporting other MIPI based cameras)
- Sony IMX-169 image sensor (or later models)
- HLCD⁃30⁃00⁃BH⁃TH⁃2 Samtec cable
- MIPI-to-parallel IP core for Lattice FPGA on FMC-MIPI
- Application IP core for XIlinx FPGA on PXIe700
- Example application for capturing data and transferring to host PC under Windows 10.
- SCom 2 package in the binary format
Source form of SCOM2 Windows 10 driver package with host side libraries for developing custom host side interface/application.
FG600-MIPI-PXIe700-xxx (xxx=325T or 410T)
The above can also be used as an embedded unit. By default -2 speed grade FPGA is used but other speed grades can be populated on the board upon request.