FG600-CL is a PXIe format, FPGA-based imaging solution that supports BASE, MEDIUM, FULL, and Extended FULL CameraLink compatible cameras. The hardware is fully compliant with the PXIe standard and can be used in a PXIe chassis as well as in an embedded fashion. The PXIe700 based card, used in this solution, can be found on the SDSP website for full details. The board offers 4 lanes of Gen2 PCIe for host communication. An FMC-CL Cameralink FMC card is attached to the base card for interfacing with the cameras.
|Interface||FG600CL-PXIe||Number of Cameras +(option)|
|Base CL||√||2 (2)|
|Medium CL||√||1 (1)|
|Full CL||√||1 (1)|
|Extended Full CL||√||1 (1)|
|2x SATA-3||√ or SFP+|
The FG600-CL has a variety of I/O capabilities – 2 x SATA connectors for real-time storage of image frames (needs suitable IP core which is not included) and an SFP+ for transfer of images via Ethernet connection. The x2 SATA can also be used as a general-purpose I/O.
FG-600CL baseboard (PXIe700) comes with a Kintex7 XC7K410T in FFG900 package and includes:
- PXI control, trigger, and clock
- 4 Lane PCIe Gen2 (Gen3 with softcore)
- SFP+ cage for 10Gb Ethernet or Fiber Optics
- White Rabbit support for nanosecond synchronization
- 2 banks of DDR3 memory, 1GB each, 32-bit wide, and 128MB of FLASH
With an open FPGA, the hardware is fully user-programmable to implement customized IP cores.
The package comprises a PXIe700 FPGA card, FMC-CL Cameralink interface FMC, CameraLink capture and set up IP cores, PCIe driver, demo application, host API library, and a full user guide. The demo includes the set up of the camera, the capture of the image, and buffered in FPGA for transfer to host over PCIe interface.
- Supports Base, Medium, Full, and Extended Configurations
- PoCL (Power over Camera Link) v1.2 support
- x2 SATA interfaces for real-time image storage with suitable SATA core (not provided) or x1 SATA and x1SFP+
- 7.14 Gbit/sec Camera Link Interface
- 7.48 Gbit/sec FMC Interface
- Acquisition pixel clock rates up to 85MHz
- Real-time data transfers to FMC Carrier
- PXIe format with embedded option
- Supplied in Commercial or Industrial grade
- ESD protection for all Camera Link signals
- Machine Vision
- Industrial Automation
- Process Control
- Aerospace & Defense
The package includes:
- user guide of PXIe700, FMC-CL, and manual of using the IP-core supporting FMC-CL
- FMC-CL module (without auxiliary board)
- PXIe700 FPGA carrier card
- FC-CL IP core
- Example application capturing data and transferring to host PC under Windows 10.
- SCom 2 package in binary format
SCOM2 Windows 10 driver package with host side libraries for developing custom host side interface/application.
FMC-CL-Aux , auxiliary board for interfacing additional cameras.