PC104P is in stack-PC form factor and complies with PCIe104 TYPE 3 peripheral board specification. It offers a rapid development platform for applications intending to use MPF500T-1FCG1152 (or MPF300T) Polar Fire FPGA from Microchip. The card includes 8GB of 32bits wide DDR4, HPC FMC compatible with Vita 77.1 standard, SFP+, Display Port, SATA, USB JTAG and user and power GOOD LEDs. PC104P also includes one End Point (EP) PCIe x4 GEN2 on StackPC bottom connector for interface to a host card.
This PCIe104 TYPE 3 peripheral board comes with stack up and stack down connectors. However, board can be used as End-Point in stack-up configurations only for connection to StackPC host; and stack down connector is used for connection to an adjacent peripheral module.
Due to absence of PCIe x4 link shifting in this board, any other peripheral module with PCIe connection should be under it or if no PCIe link is needed then it can be stacked down above it as shown in diagram below.
- MPF500T-1FCG1152 PolarFire FPGA from Microsemi (now Microchip);
- Option to use MPF300T-1FCG1152 (in that case Display port – unavailable);
- Two 1024×16 DDR4 chips for RAM;
- PCIe104 stack-up and stack-down connectors;
- Acts as PCIe104 type 3 peripheral board – compatible with PCIe104 type 2,3 and StackPC hosts;
- PCIe x4 Gen2 as EP;
- FMC HPC Vita 57.1 connector for functional extension with all lanes, except HB;
- FMC VADJ supported 1.2V, 1.8V, 2.5V;
- Two SATA Gen 3.0 HOST interfaces, first one routed to IO board, second routed to PCIe104 TOP connector, Lane 1 (Available only with MPF500T);
- SFP+ connector for 10Gb/1Gb optical modules;
- Display port connector with 4 unidirectional Lanes, with AUX channel(Display port unavailable, when MPF300 used), routed to IO board;
- Micro USB 2.0 connector for onboard JTAG and UART debug purposes – routed to IO board;
- LEDs for power good indication;
- Four Green user LEDs, routed to IO board;
- Two user RED LEDs on board;
- Four user DIP switches;
- Two user tactile buttons;