Multi-port Serial Transceiver
FC205 is a logic module designed to be used on any of anumber of Sundance DSP FPGA boards including PCIe104,TIMs and PMCs/XMCs. FC205 provides a user-selectable number of standard serial UARTs which may be connected to common external PHYs such as RS-232, RS-422 or RS-485. Copies of FC205 may even communicate with each other over short distances (such as chip-to-chip) without the use of any PHY.
- Host API to simplify application development.
- Up to 16 full-duplex UARTs per module, selectable atFPGA build time, all
controlled through a single pair of FPGA channels.
- Baud rate selectable at run time on a per-UART basis.
- Speed limited only by external PHY chip and FPGA clock frequency, up to
8.3Megabaud when used with a 133MHz FPGA clock.
- Optional RTS/CTS/DTR/DSR signals.
- Optional hardware flow control, run-time selectable.
- Automatic or manual assertion of TX-Enable for use with RS-485 tristatable
- Built-in TX & RX FIFOs on each port, plus any size FIFOs may be added to the
FPGA channels for additional buffering as needed.
- Build-time selectable inversion of serial data and control/status signals.