SOM1-SOC is a SOM form factor device with a PolarFire SOC (FPGA + RISC-V processor). The PolarFire SOC has FPGA fabric plus a 5-core RISC-V processor (MSS part) and programmable Logic (PL) resources.
The device package is FCVG1152 with speed grade -1.
SOM1-SOC is populated with an MPFS460T-1FCVG1152E device which has 461K logic cells, 20 high-speed transceivers, two PCIe hard blocks, 136 MSS IOs, 180 HSIO, and 288 GPIOs. The MSS IOs
are connected to DDR4, eMMC, and ETH PHY Devices. The HSIO and GPIO pins are routed to
connectors, DDR4, and SPI flash.
When populated with the MPFS250T-FCVG1152E device, it will have 254K logic cells, 16 high-speed transceivers, two PCIe hard blocks, 136 MSS IOs, 144 HSIOs, and 228 GPIOs. The MSS I/Os remain
the same between the two devices.
- PolarFire SOC FPGA from Microsemi MPFS460T-1FCVG1152 with an option
to install an MPFS250T-1FCVG1152 with fewer resources.
- 4 GB of 32-bit wide DDR4 memory (MT40A1G16RC-062EIT DDR4) for the
- 8 GB of 64-bit bus DDR4 memory (MT40A1G16RC-062EIT DDR4) for the
- 128MB SPI Serial NOR FLASH connected to FPGA fabric for user application
- Programmable clocks using – SI5341A – provide flexible clocking to FPGA
and High-Speed transceivers;
- 20 High-speed low-power Transceivers from 250Mbps – 12.7Gbps;
- IO’s via high-speed Samtec connectors (ADM6-100-01.5-L-4-2-TR);
- The module includes 16GByte of eMMC storage for Linux image storage and user
- SPI interface from FPGA routed to high-speed Samtec connector;
- Built-in FPGA internal oscillator for configuration and other purposes;
- On board XO 25MHz ±10ppm stability over temperature, as a reference;
- USB type C connector with JTAG/UART bridge interface, and power;
- Industrial iX connector ND9AS1200 for 1Gbit Ethernet connection;
- Power IN 5V and Banks VCCO via ADM6 connectors when used with a carrier
or power via USB type C when operating as a standalone;
- Mechanical dimensions are TBD;
- The power consumption of the module is TBD;
- Temperature range is 0°C to +70°C for extended temp and -30 to 85 for
- Machin Learning
- Machine automation